Thursday, November 29, 2012

Back on the wagon!

The blogging wagon, that is. I'm not sure how long this will last so I hope you enjoy it in its brevity.

I'm in Austin this week working from our office here. I had a lot of people to meet with and had to check out a venue we're using for a January event so it all worked out. Also, any reason I have to come to Austin is welcome. However, work travel is lonely. And even though it's fun to try new restaurants, eating along? Not so much fun. And to be honest I've worked late so far and it's been too cold to go out and explore, and then I like to be in bed by 9pm (don't judge) so doesn't really leave that much time for the fun stuff. Here are some places I have been able to try:

Lunch day 1: ordered a sandwich from Trio, the Four Seasons restaurant (right next door to our office). The sandwich is $19, yes, you read that right. It came with a salad or the "addicting" steak fries. So of course I was tempted and go the fries. I think those alone might have been worth the $ (side note: I went back for lunch on Thursday)

Dinner night 1: some rando mexican place near my hotel. It was too cold to venture anywhere else. The bartender was pretty nice, but also got on my nerves. The salsa was spot on, though!


Lunch day 2: free lunch at Four Seasons because we did a site visit. $19 cobb salad, thank you for your deliciousness. (Photo not included because I thought the sales people might consider me a freak)

Dinner day 2: worked way too late, got pizza from Hoboken Pie. Pretty good and pretty true to the NY style pizza. I folded it in half and ate it at an Irish Bar next door and met some pretty weird interesting folks.

Walked past a bar that reminded me of my favorite show, Criminal Minds!


View from my office in Austin. The floor to ceiling windows are nice, but too much light for me. I'm kind of a vampire. And whenever I got into any Partners offices, they are all squinting.

I'm leaving here Friday and have another work trip planned next week to Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I'm pretty excited to visit since I've never been before. The attorneys in the office are super nice (very midwestern "dontyaknow" type folks). However, apparently it's supposed to be a "mild" 25-30 degrees during my stay. Good thing I still have my knee length down comforter filled jacket that makes me look like a toasted marshmellow for our event OUTSIDE next Thursday. Methinks I will get frostbite.
Another reason I'm excited: Minneapolis is home to the headquarters of Target! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


2 days in a row....I'm workin' on it.

1 comment: