In May I gave Arabella a gift card for Pinot's Palette for her birthday (partly because I wanted to go again, too!) We had a fun time and my pathetic painting is in my office, which is a great conversation starter. "Oh, did your kid/niece/nephew make that for you?" Nope, that's all me people.
FINALLY saw the Lion King! I've seen about 50 Broadway shows but never this one. Secretly I always told myself that I was going to wait and see it on a New York or London stage, but I bit the bullet and actually bought decent tickets this time. It was an awesome production and I can't believe I waited this long!
Tried out Oxheart. When it made Allison Cook's Top 100 Restaurants in Houston list as #1....and had only been open about 4 months, people went bonkers. They only have a 4 course or 7 course tasting menu. We had goat, eggplant oh and the "cheese" plate that you see below.
Who moved the rest of my cheese??
There were some protests in Houston. Always.
We had a high school girls weekend in Austin. Kristen chose the house, which is why we went to bed every night with chairs in front of the doors so we could hear intruders, and she brought a tazer.
Got to see my Mary at the reunion! Too bad she is too busy texting to know I'm there.
I completed a DIY project that I had been wanting to do for a while. I like putting my feet on my coffee table, and didn't want to spend $300+ for an upholstered one, so I just made my own from my Ikea table and High Fashion Home fabric! (Note: it is not as easy as it looks.)
I made lots of super yummy dinners, but this was one of my favorites! Tilapia, wild rice and roasted vegetables. Major yum.
Bought myself a new present. And had it gift wrapped so I could get really excited when I opened it :)
That's July/August peeps! Tune in next month for a birds eye view of September :)
Looking forward to the next update in December!
ReplyDelete