Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SNOOP-A-LOOP!

This weekend was the 4th Annual Free Press Summer Fest music festival. It's Houston's version of Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, and the like. Basically, it's 60,000 hipsters and college students and normal people (I like to think I am included on the latter) who sit in the sweltering Houston heat to see any of the festivals 100 artists. For me, that artist was Snoop Doggy Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawg.

I don't know how or why, but I have never liked country or Texas country bands, and have always gravitated towards rap and hip hop. But then my other favorite type of music is Broadway show tunes, so I'm all over the place here. 

Anyhow, so we saw Snoop. And he was everything we wanted him to be. He played his old hits, new hits, and was just smoooooooth like he's always been. He was a pretty fun performer to watch. He also apparently had 3 strippers with him on stage, so that made the show interesting I suppose....?

Anyways, a few highlights from Snoop A Loop's show.







1 comment: