Monday, August 9, 2010

Martha Stewart in the Making

Yesterday marked a momentous occasion...

I got the urge to cook.

And not "Cook a la Jessica style" (aka Bertolli in a bag) but really cook. I'm talking roasting and peeling a whole chicken, grating cheese (one of my favorite activities), buying ingredients that I didn't know existed etc. I decided to try out a recipe I had been wanting to tackle for quite some time: King Ranch Chicken Casserole. My friend Chelsea sent me a recipe that looked super yummy and semi-easy, so I decided to tackle it. I've also heard it's delicious and is really good reheated, which is what I was going for in the first place.

I wish I would have taken photos of the process, but I was so focused on following the recipe (I've been known to forget key ingredients in certain recipes) that I did not. I didn't even take a picture of the finished product! I was really proud of myself for doing this, until I took the casserole out and it seemed...kinda runny. I mean, it did have a lot of soups and liquid ingredients, but I don't think it was supposed to be like this. Does anyone have any history with this dish, and how to fix this for next time??

See, THIS is why I do not cook!

                                                               NOT my casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment