Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Field Trip!

So since today is Friday, and since I've been too busy this week to leave my office for more than 7 minutes, I decided I needed an off campus lunch today. I decided to go visit Robert at Rice and check out his new prison digs for the next 2 years. I think I was just as excited about seeing him as I was taking the Metro Rail there!

Here it is, in all it's glory!

Waiting for the rail reminded me of my days in NYC, where we would huff and puff impatiently for the next subway to come. Luckily, this thing comes around every few minutes, and the train was PACKED!


Our version of the subway!

I kind of, sort of, felt like I was in NY again, because there was a homeless man sleeping on one of the seats, a man who reeked of marijuana sitting next to me, and a man/woman yapping away on her phone, loud enough for us all to hear. Ahhh, memories.

It was also cool to walk around the Rice campus. I got to see the grad school building, the student center, etc. And Robert's locker! All he's missing are a few teeny-bopper stickers and he'll be set!

Hope you all had a great Friday and have fun weekend plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment