Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Mini Apple

Last week I went to Minneapolis for the first time. As part of my new role at work I will be the business development manager responsible for this office. Going in, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I obviously knew that it was cold there, and they like hockey, and according to How I Met Your Mother they are friendly, but surely not as friendly as Texas right? Wrong I was! They were some of the friendliest people I've ever met!

For example, when I checked in to the hotel, the hotel guy said "so I see that you requested a warm room." I hadn't and was very confused how that type of comment even would appear on my reservation. But as it turns out, a coworker had called the hotel to tell them we were visiting from Texas and not used to their cold weather. So my hotel was about 80 degrees and had 2 wool blankets on the bed as well as a 4 foot long space heater. And it wasn't really THAT cold, as they kept saying...low 30s and we should feel lucky no snow (it snowed on my departing flight but that's another story...)

Anyways, I loved LOVED Minneapolis! (Can you tell?) Friendly peeps, public transportation, amazing food, lots of things to do. It really is a hidden gem in the States.

Now for pictures!

The "Kris Moose" at our work holiday party

The Mothership!!!!!!!!!!!! Home of Target!

Pics out of order, but this is the plane I flew up in. Mini plane for the Mini apple?

Remember the scene in the Mary Tyler Moore show where she throws up her hat and says "We're gonna make it after aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall" Neither do I, but here's where she did it.

A cream cheese wonton at dinner the last night. Major yummerz.

The duck from Bachelor's Farmer - one of the most amazing meals I've ever had!

Public transportation!!!! Train from the airport to downtown. Loved it.

A float during "Holidazzle"

What I woke up to


No comments:

Post a Comment